LYLE SUTER PAINTS MLK JR., FOR NEW L.A. HOSPITAL, 1972
January 9, 1972
LYLE SUTER’S PORTRAIT MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.
January 9, 1972
10 PUBLICATIONS REPORT LYLE SUTER MLK JR. PORTRAIT
NEWS ARTICLES & PHOTOS IN L.A, CA & IA; 1971 – 1972
George Suter, Mr. Suter's Grandfather
“COMMUNICATING ATTITUDES OF AMERICANS TODAY”
“ONE OF NATIONS LEADING PORTRAIT ARTISTS”
BEVEVERLY HILLS SCHOOLS ON SUTER – MLK PORTRAIT
NEWS ARTICLES FROM SCHOOL BOARD & BHHS, 1972
MLK HOSPITAL CORNERSTONE LAYING CEREMONY
OCTOBER 9, 1971; LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
SUTERS VISIT MLK JR. PORTAIT, 2016
NOW MLK JR. OUTPATIENT CENTER
LIKELY WOULD HAVE BEEN PRESIDENT OF USA
MLK JR. CREDENTIALS
- B.A. Degree Morehouse College; Sociology; started age15; grad at 19
- B.D. Degree Crozer Theological Seminary
- Ph.D. Boston University
- Nobel Peace Prize
- Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Congressional Gold Medal.
- Birthday is a federal holiday
- Hundreds of streets named in his honor
USA’S #1 ALL TIME CIVIL RIGHTS LEADER
“I HAVE A DREAM” SPEECH SET THE STANDARD
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. ACHIEVEMENTS
- Led the 1955 Montgomery Bus Boycott
- 1957 Co Founder and First President of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference
- Led struggle against segregation in South
- Helped organize the "March on Washington" and give "I Have a Dream" speech
INFLUENCED 1965 CIVIL RIGHTS LAW
- Helped organize the 1965 Selma and Montgomery marches
- 1965 participated with President in signing of Federal Civil Rights Law
- Expanded his focus to Chicago segregated housing, poverty & Viet Nam War
Thank you for visiting our Martin Luther King, Jr. exhibit...!